5 Best Lawn Mower For Bad Back Hands on Review in 2021
This is our review of the best lawn mower for bad back in 2021.
After researching lots of hours on different lawn mowers, we selected the WROX WR155 Landroid robotic lawn mower as our first choice to get rid of back pain.
Because, It works automatically, cuts the grass like a pro and the Landroid app helps to schedule the mowing time. It doesn’t require a manual push, just set up a boundary and control your mower with the Landroid app.
I am Mohammad Sojib, working as a garden expert for the past couple of years. Since my childhood, I have loved making gardens and sharing tips with my friends.
Apart from this, robotic lawn mowers do not fit all types and sizes of lawns. That is why we choose another 4 different lawn mower that will fit easily in different yards and size types.
Also, we are adding the two best riding lawn mowers for a bad back.
Let’s get started in the in-depth review.
Top 5 Best Lawn Mowers For Bad Back Reviewed
Now we are to the most interesting part of this article, where I will give you a detailed review of the 5 best lawn mowers for bad backs that help to get rid of back pain and make mowing tasks enjoyable.
Not only the reviews but also I will provide highlighted features, specifications, and pros and cons.
This way you can quickly compare between the different models and easily make the final purchasing decision.
Ok, Let’s dive into the detailed mower reviews.
1. Best Overall – WORX WR155 Landroid L 20V Review
- Boundary wire: It helps to measure the working area of a robot mower.
- Landroid app: Measure the lawn based on the boundary wire and specifically it suggests the scheduling time.
- Worx Power Share: Compatible for all Worx 20v and 40v outdoor power tools
- Patented AIA Technology: Landroid to navigate narrow passageways too difficult for ordinary robotic mowers
- Rain sensors: It never works on wet areas. Also, when it detects the rains, it returns the charger to the unit until the lawn dries.
- Anti-collision: It helps detect and avoid obstacles like flower beds, children, animal(dog and cat), etc
- GPS: Helps to find your Landroid.
- Radio link: It’s a Wi-Fi extender that helps the router reach further in the yards and keep connecting the mower.
- Best for: 1/2 acre flat or 20 degrees hilly yards..
What We Like: What We Like: Worx WR150 Landroid makes your life easier with its automated system. It the most innovative, safest lawnmower I’ve ever seen.
There is no need for any kind of fence, just set a boundary wire and schedule the mowing time using the Landroid app.
Its AIA technology allows it to navigate the narrow areas and every time ensure clan cut.
If your yards are flower beds, playing children, or animals, don’t worry, thanks to its anti-collision system. It will detect and avoid obstacles easily.
It’s a battery-powered electric mower. When the battery gets down, its algorithm easily detects it, stops the work, and automatically goes to the changing basement to recharge the battery. Impressive.
It’s high efficient 6.0 Ah brushless motor cuts the grass like a pro, it can cat the lawn edge. And also it rains sensor help to detect the rain, and it returns to the basement.
Anyway, like the traditional lawn mower, it didn’t come with the mulching or bagging capability. It has only a side discharge option that is quite good.
Overall, it’s a great mower with lots of specs and features.
Who Should Buy It: If you are a tech gadgets lover obviously you love it. On the other hand, if you’re a very busy person and didn’t make time for lawn work, trust me it’s suitable for you. No need to push or drive it manually just set up the charging basement and schedule the mowing time, it will work automatically and get rid of back pain forever in your mowing time.
2. Best Gas Mower – Honda HRN216VKA Review
- Auto choke: An intelligent system that sets the choke system to give optimum starting and running in all conditions. Also, there is no need to wait for the engine to warm up to mow in winter.
- Smart drive speed control: No need to push or pull. Adjust your mowing speed just resting your hands on the handlebar. And it offers speeds up to 4 mph.
- Variable speed control: Part of the smart drive functionality. It adjusts mowing speed based on your walking speed.
- Microcut twin-blade: Its dual blades cut the grass at every height and also it provides superior mulching and bagging.
- Best for: 1/4 – 1/2 Acre Flat, Sloped, Uneven grounds
What We Like: Over 4000 customers gave a 4.6 rating out of 5 stars on Home Depot, making it the most trustable lawn mower in the USA. Honda HRN216VKA is the most powerful and reliable self-propelled gas lawn mower.
We choose it because of its power, and 2 position handlebar setting that easily sets for 6.4” inches people.
Conversely, its GCV 170 cc engine is the most powerful engine that combined the 21-inch blades and provided a clean cut in the flat, slope, or uneven grounds.
However, its larger rear wheels are more aggressive to grip the hills better. But sometimes we notice the wheels lose traction on the big slopes. We think it’s not a big drawback. Because it works perfectly on small or uneven grounds.
Overall, it’s a user and budget-friendly lawn mower that provides clean and reliable cuts.
Who Should Buy It: For its 2 position handlebar setting you don’t bend too much. And you can work with the pole straight that helps to get rid of the back pain. Also, its powerful engine and razor-sharp blade always provide a clean cut that is worth money.
3. Ryobi RY401120-Y Review
- Cordless Lawn Mower: Battery-powered lawn mower that offers better mobility with limited running time.
- Brushless motor: Automatically adjust the motor power based on the grass and save battery life.
- Led headlight: Allows mowing in dark conditions.
- Load sensing technology: Control the motor power and save battery life.
- Collapsible telescoping handles: Allows to fold the lawn mower handle like a telescope.
- On-board battery: Show the battery life.
- Run time: up to 45 minutes
- Charging time: 4 hours
- Best for: 1/4 – 1/2 Acre Flat and Sloped yards.
What We Like: Ryobi RY401120-Y is a cordless electric lawn mower that is environment friendly and its 6.0 Ah battery gives us up to 45 minutes running time with 4 hours charge.
Its 45 minutes hassle-free running time is good enough to cut the 1/4 – 1/2 acres yards. But the running time varies on the grass and lawn time.
For better performance, the Ryobi uses a brushless motor with load sensing technology that adjusts the motor speed based on the grass types and saves battery life. And also its 21 inches 7 position deck cut the grass like a pro.
The mower has a telescoping 2 position foldable handle that is good for the bad back.
With its high rear wheels, you can easily get a clean cut on the flat or slopes. But we don’t recommend it for hills because of its battery power. The battery didn’t provide enough power to cut the grass on hills.
It’s a self-propelled walk-behind a lightweight lawn mower. Being an electric mower which requires no oil or gas. It’s an environmentally-friendly lawn mower and doesn’t emit any fumes.
Who Should Buy It: For residential usage, it’s a great mower with lots of features. Its powerful and reliable motor cut the grass like a pro. Conversely, the telescoping handle helps to get rid of the bad back.
Best Riding Lawn Mower For Bad Back
4. Bad Boy MZ Magnum BMZ54KT740 Review
- Heavy-gage steel: It’s thicker than steel of lighter gauges. Thick steel is more durable than thin steel.
- Hydro-Gear EZT: It features an integrated transaxle that links directly to each drive wheel.
- Fabricated deck: The deck is welded or put together with several pieces of steel.
- Fusion blades: It features an ultra-hard tungsten carbide groundbreaking. It’s 3x shaper and long as ordinary mower blades.
- Best for: 2 acres all types yards
What We Like: The Bad boy is the most trustworthy lawn mower band. It’s the most powerful zero-turn lawn mower that has a powerful 725cc Kohler pro 7000 HD series engine and it can easily cut grass on flat, slopes, or uneven grounds.
The larger 54 inches cut the larger area with a single pass. Its triple fusion blades can cut weeds as well. And its 13 position deck setting cut the 3 feet grass also.
Can you imagine?
Commercial grader features always provide a nice and clean-looking lawn and save you lots of time.
Bad boy uses Heavy-gauge steel to build the mower. That is more durable than normal steel and hard to break in the stone or soil.
The mower has dual hydro gear EZT transmission that features an integrated transaxle. They directly connected it with the wheels and offered better mobility and tractions.
It’s a zero-turn mower that is easily suitable for a lawn mower that has lots of flowerbeds. It’s a really great mower with a convenient seat and controlling,
These including features make your mowing time enjoyable and you never feel back pain in your mowing
Who Should Buy It: It’s the price on demand lawn mower that is great for 2 acres of different types of lawns (Flat, sloper, uneven). If you have the budget, don’t wait for it. Purchase it.
5. Ryobi RY48130 Review
- Automatic transmission: Use a sensor and shift great the time by using the internal oil pressure.
- Pneumatic Tires: Allow smooth ride on uneven terrain.
- Led headlights: Allows mowing in the dark conditions
- Battery level indicator: Show the battery life
- Running time: 1 Hour
- Charging time: 10.5 hours
- Best for: 1/2 – 2 Acres flat with obstacle yards
What We Like: Ryobi RY48130 is a rust-resistant 50ah rear engine lawn mower. The mower 50 Ah battery provides up to 1-hour running time that is good enough to cut the 2 acres yards if you’re a lawn mower. But if your level is beginner, you can’t do it. On the contrary, running may vary on the mowing styles, grass types, and yards types.
Featuring the 48v brushless motor with 2 razor-sharp cuts that cut the grass efficiently and provides a clean and nice-looking lawn. Its 30 inches stamped deck with 7 position height change cuts the grass at any height.
It’s a rear-engine lawn mower. For a smooth ride, the Ryobi use pneumatic tires with an automatic transmission that always provide better traction on uneven grounds.
It can easily handle the lawn’s larger slopes. But it didn’t perform well on the hilly yards.
Conversely, it’s a great mower with convenient steering and seat. It’s not a traditional lawn mower. They do not require it to wear a seat belt. Personally, I hate it.
It’s an eco-friendly lawn mower that doesn’t make too much noise like a traditional riding lawn mower.
Who Should Buy It: If you have flat or sloped yards with obstacles then I will encourage you to purchase It. Because it’s a price-on-demand lawn mower.
Guide to Buying Best Electric Start Self Gas Lawn Mower
As we mention the 5 lawn mowers, all of them are worth buying based on your needs. But of course, you can not buy them all. It is time to make the right decision to save money. That is where this buying guide creates an image that helps to understand what’s the best for you.
Here are all the important factors that you need to consider while you looking for an ideal mower for bad back:
Buy a price-on-demand lawn mower that serves at least 5 years. Because you spend a couple of hundred bucks on a mower, make sure that your mower offers high-end performance that is efficient for your lawn with various features.
You choose the best mower and spend at least 300-500 bucks on it, but if the lawn mower is built with cheap plastic material, then it’s not a good pick for you. So before purchasing a mower make sure that a quality full material builds your mower (Steel frame, carbon fiber/ sturdy plastic deck, etc). And also see the manufacturer warranty. It will ensure the mower’s longevity.
Ease of use
For reducing back pain we are trying our best to choose the mower that is easy to operate, control, self-propelled, and automatic lawn mower.
We don’t choose the push mower, because it increases back pain that is a health issue.
Mower versatility helps you to do different work at the same time. All the mowers are suitable for different yards and they provide enough power to tackle the toughest mowing job.
They have variable speed controlling features, a rain sensor (robot mower), a larger rear wheel with a pneumatic tire for smooth maneuver, load sensing technology, and many other features that make the mower the best.
Special features: Foldable handle and comfortable seat
For bad backs especially we are looking for foldable handles with different height settings (self-propelled mower), and comfortable seats. Because if you bend your back in the lawn mowing time, it will increase the pain. An adjustable handle with a comfortable seat did not allow you to bend your pole. You can easily do the job with a straight pole which helps you to get rid of back pain.
Here are some answers to frequently asked questions about lawn mowers for bad backs.
Can I choose the push mower for my bad backs?
We do not recommend it. Though the push mower is lightweight, it will increase your back pain.
Better is to go with a robotic or self-propelled lawn mower.
Are standing mowers better for my back?
Maybe. Because if your mower has an adjustable handlebar with different positions it will be great for you. But if not then you should bend your pole in mowing time, that is dangerous for you.
How to avoid back pain at the mowing time?
Never bend your mower at the lawn mowing time. Always work with the straight pole.
The good thing is to buy a lawn mower that features an adjustable handlebar with different height settings. Set your preferred height. And start working.
Final Verdict: Best Lawn Mower For Bad Back
Back pain is really annoying. And it is too much work on the lawn.
After researching the different lawn mowers with distinct features, we suggested to you Wrox Landroid is the best mower for it.
And also if you’re trying to avoid back pain then go with Honda HRN216VKA.
Hopefully, all of our lawn mowers are great for those looking for a lawn mower for back pain.